Wednesday, August 8, 2007

That really HURT!

Taryn and Brennan had to go in bright and early this morning to have bloodwork done to check their med levels before their drs. appt next week.

Taryn is a trooper. She hops up in the chair herself, tells the ladies which arm they can take blood from and will even show them which vein. No crying, no whining and she enthralled watching them extract the blood they need.

Brennan would have rather run away and hid. He got up on my lap and we had to fight him a little to get his arm straight. He started crying before the needle even went in and then of course cried harder once it did. No consoling worked and I felt awful for him. Once they were done he looked the ladies straight in the eye and screamed "THAT REALLY HURT!"

Needless to say all day long he's been coming up to me and showing me the little itsy bitsy hole in his arm and telling me "That Really HURT!"

No comments: