Sunday, November 30, 2008
I however don't like it at all! After the first snowfall it can all just disappear and forget to fall again. I hate driving on snowy/icy roads. I don't like being cold and having hypothyroidism makes it even worse. I don't like having to remember that everyone needs to take all the 'extras' to school and work in order to keep warm. I don't like all the extra clutter that the boots, jackets, snow pants, hats and mittens cause.
We're getting our first major snowfall today and I'm just about ready for some nice warmer springy type weather.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
On our recent trip to visit grandma and grandpa the above is pretty much what we heard over and over again. Really...for the most part we've got a set of kids that do great in the car. Each of the kids usually brings something along to keep them busy and entertained for a little while. Of course there is always some point along the drive that the arguing starts over something petty.
We all enjoyed our visit over Thanksgiving. Jadyn and Taryn stayed the night with grandma and grandpa. The girls really enjoy themselves and love staying the night. I'm sure Brennan will be chomping at the bit soon to stay as well.
Brennan is really enjoying bowling this year. He got a 96 and an 80 this morning. He's still a bit impatient when it comes to having to wait his turn, but he's doing better.
Friday, November 28, 2008
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
We have added another sweet baby girl to our family. Ryanne fits into our family perfectly and I can't imagine our life without her.
"Lost" friends have been found again. I am incredibly thankful for that. Some are still lost, but I'm hopeful.
Brennan is off his seizure meds and his EEG was normal. We're hopeful that this time next year Taryn will be as well.
My little family has a roof over our heads, food in our bellies, family and friends who love us...
My only wish would be to have my grandma here with us. I talk to her all the time, but I would so love to be able to get a hug.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Brennan weighs in at 40lbs and is 3 feet 7 inches. Taryn is now 39lbs and 3 feet 11 inches.
EVERTHING came out normal for Brennan. He's been fine and had no problems without his meds. His EEG was completely normal. Should we notice anything of concern we are to give them a call, but assuming nothing will Mr. B is done done done done done!!!! Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!
Taryn is doing well too. She hasn't had a seizure in 14 months. We've got 10 months to go before we can even think about weaning her and then we've got to try and figure out the whole 'hair thing' with her. We talked a little more about it this morning, but we're still stumped. We think it just might be a Taryn tick and we're hoping at some point she'll outgrow it. She doesn't need to go back until the end of March.
All in all it was a pretty good morning.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Sunday, November 23, 2008
2. My favorite color is red
3. My favorite toys are my cars
4. I like to color
5. I don't really like to do crafts at school
6. I like to sing
7. I bowl on Saturday mornings
8. I wore my dad's Robin costume for Halloween
9. I sleep with 2 "wags" every night and chew on their tails. (they are disgusting!)
10. I can out box my sisters on the wii
11. I love to hold my baby sister Ryanne
12. I have my own box of action figures just like my dad
13. I am the only boy in my family.
14. I have 4 sisters (2 are older, 2 are younger)
15. I love to watch my dad mow the lawn and wish I could help him
16. I always take at least 2 toys to church every Sunday morning
17. I like cheeseburgers...with ketchup
18. I am no longer on seizure medication
19. I like watching Go Diego Go
20. I can spruce up any Christmas program just by being myself
21. I love American Gladiators!
22. I have 2 middle names. James is from a great uncle and Wayne is my daddy's middle name
23. My favorite movie is Cars
24. I just figured out how to zip up my jacket all by myself
25. Still working on buttoning my jeans
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
A friend and I are doing a craft show on Sunday. We've been working our behinds off for the last couple of weeks to make sure we've got a little bit of everything made and ready to sell. We've already decided that starting next summer we'll devote at least 1 if not 2 weekends a month to just making crafty items for this show. (Hopefully we'll be able to stick to it)
Kids have bowling tomorrow morning and then I'll spend the rest of the day making the last of the items we need for Sunday morning.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
She has now decided that she'll keep her tie shoes and she doesn't need a new pair of shoes afterall.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Kitchenaid Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Bowl Lift Stand Mixer
Digital Canon Rebel XTi ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Fisher-Price Starlight Papasan Cradle Swing (it plugs in!!!!) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Woven Traditions® 9" x 13" Baking Dish ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Twilight Saga
Monday, November 17, 2008
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Friday, November 14, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
2. Green is my favorite color
3. High School Musical 2 is my current favorite movie
4. I have green eyes like my dad
5. I have lost 8 teeth
6. I think that bowling balls should be lighter than 6lbs
7. I like to read chapter books
8. I had/have the same Kindergarten and 2nd grade teacher as Jadyn
9. I don't like peanut butter
10. I like to watch old live action superhero shows with daddy
11. I love to play on the monkey bars at school
12. I have blisters on my hands to prove it
13. I love M&M's
14. I don't like to get my hair wet
15. I am a mini packrat
16. My mom has to buy me slim waisted jeans with adjustable waists
17. My favorite thing to do at school is go to art class
18. I love to wear jewelry
19. I'm a girly girl
20. I don't really like bread
21. I was my mommy's smallest baby at 7lbs 7oz
22. My birthday is July 31st
23. I like playing with my HSM dolls
24. I've been on seizure meds since I was 18 months old
25. I haven't had a seizure in 13 months......11 months to go
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
They all got suckers and stickers afterwards which totally made up for mommy and daddy being mean.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Brennan was sooooo tired!
Getting ready to get cleaned up!
My happy boy is back!
Monday, November 10, 2008
Jadyn and Taryn really like to read as well. Jadyn more so, but Taryn is reading more and more for enjoyment rather than 'having' to for school. Brennan and Karis are always 'reading' and making up their own stories to the books they pick up to check out the pictures.
I love knowing that all of us enjoy opening up a good book.
2. I have blue eyes
3. I wear glasses
4. I love nachos
5. My favorite color is light purple
6. I don't really like soda
7. I love to read
8. My favorite subject is science
9. I like reality shows like Survivor and Amazing Race
10. I have a metallic pink Nintendo DS
11. I am practicing at school to run 1 mile
12. My mom and dad say I'll need a math tutor
13. I never used a pacifier
14. I have my own unique sound singing to Rock Band
15. I'm the oldest of 5
16. I walked at 9 1/2 months
17. I was 9lbs 6oz at birth (My mom's biggest baby)
18. I was 11 days late (My mom didn't think I was ever coming out!)
19. I love to sleep
20. I love sauceless pizza
21. I like polly pockets
22. I liked the Wiggles when I was younger
23. I really like HSM 3
24. I like to swim
25. I like strange movies like my dad
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Here are our little ones in February 2006...minus the 2 new baby girls we both have.
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Friday, November 7, 2008
Ryanne decided to do a number on me while we were there. Once we got to the back room I started to change her only to realize she out a blow out. I didn't even know where to start. Needless to say the cute onesie she was wearing under her outfit was thrown in the trash. I had to go grab an outfit off the rack so she'd have something to wear. It was quite comical, but nothing I want to have to deal with on a recurrent basis.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
2. I was raised on a farm
3. My first set of stitches was from a bean walking incident
4. I love WWE Wrestling
5. My wife hates it
6. Despite what my wife thinks, cleaning the litter box really isn't that bad
7. My first vehicle I bought myself was a Dodge Dakota
8. I miss my truck
9. It won't fit 5 kids, 2 cats, 1 wife without a camper top though. =)
10. The last time I was at an amusement park was 1993
11. My son NEVER hit me with his targeting device while changing a diaper
12. I can clean up poop and vomit without a problem
13. However, I can't stand wiggly teeth and don't even ask me to pull a tooth out
14. We own 2 video game systems and I rarely play
15. I used to kick my wife's ass at word games
16. I like Garcia's pizza too
17. Orange and Blue blood run through my veins
18. I-L-L I-N-I Bring back the chief!
19. I like chocolate
20. I haven't had a mountain dew in just under a year
21. I need a Batman ringtone for my phone
22. I really like batman **this is an understatement**
23. I once bowled a 178
24. I have lived in 2 states
25. I have lived in 10 cities with 11 different addresses
26. In high school I was always the first one on the bus and the last one off
27. My favorite color is green
28. Applebee's was the first place Leslie and I went out to eat
29. I had ribs and she had chicken
30. Titanic was the first movie we saw together
31. I met all my wives online
32. I carry a bag of toys with me to work everyday and I don't know why
33. I went to West Virginia last June for a toy show
34. All my children have my blood type
35. I used to ride a quad and throw dirt in a sack
36. I was Mego of the day on Halloween.
37. I have fish in my office at work
38. I don't know how to check our voicemail at home
39. I don't know how to use the new washer and dryer
40. Leslie wanted a mini van last time we bought a vehicle, I talked her into an Expedition
41. She now wants something bigger. Go Figure!
42. I have 100's of CD's I no longer listen too
43. I listen to talk radio at work all day long
44. Just because Mego's wear clothes does NOT mean they are dolls. They are ACTION FIGURES!
45. I want to take the kids to a U of I sporting event when they are a little older
46. I take the girls to school every morning
47. I have a facebook account
48. I like to arrange furniture on a whim
49. Velvet (one of our cats) loves the smell of chocolate
50. I often wonder if I should worry since Leslie likes to watch Snapped
I've been continually asked who will I be voting for by both of them and that's one question I refuse to answer.
I hope those that can get out and vote today!
Monday, November 3, 2008
2. I have been married for 10 years
3. I recently gave birth to baby #5
4. I have 4 daughters and 1 son
5. I have lived in 4 states
6. I have lived in 2 countries
7. I graduated high school in British Columbia
8. I own a Canon Rebel xti
9. I'd love to take a photography class
10. I love using baby wipes, they will clean up anything.
11. I drive an Expedition and want something bigger
12. I always wished for a red headed baby..didn't get one.
13. My favorite color is blue
14. My favorite number is 7
15. I have 2 tattoos and would like at least 1 more, possibly 2
16. I love to scrapbook
17. I love to make different crafts that pictures can be added too.
18. I've never finished a scrapbook album
19. I've never broken any bones *knock on wood*
20. I've had multiple surgeries for wierd stuff
21. I detest spiders!
22. I love to fly in airplanes
23. I run a parenting message board
24. Sweets are a weakness for me, I hate having them in the house
25. I live in the midwest and hate the snow after the first snowfall
26. I would love to move closer to my family
27. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to read!
28. I'm a HUGE Twilight fan
29. I recycle as much as I can
30. My favorite movie is Grease
31. I wish there was a laundry fairy that folded and put all the clothes away
32. I love McDonald's sweet tea, but limit myself to it
33. I wanted to be a teacher when I was younger, I now know I probably don't have the patience
34. I wish I was more organized
35. I failed my driving test 3 times before getting my license
36. I tend to procrastinate
37. I love taking my kids to the zoo and aquarium
38. I don't drink coffee, never have
39. I have naturally curly hair and hate it. It's usually pulled up in a pony tail
40. I hate touching raw meat
41. We have 2 cats that are 10 years old
42. My husband cleans the litter box and I'd like to keep it that way
43. I really like looking up baby names and seeing what people are naming their children
44. I love play word games
45. I've got a facebook accout..if you don't have one, you should get one
46. I love watching Disney movies with the kids
47. I'm always searching for a great deal on stuff we normally use
48. We took the kids to see High School Musical 3 on Saturday. I don't know who was more excited...me or the older girls
49. I don't smoke, never have and never will
50. I wish we have a dish fairy as well that would wash, dry and put away the dishes
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Me: You're not being cute...
Karis: (In the cutest voice ever) Yes, I am!
It makes me smile and laugh almost every time.
Saturday, November 1, 2008
It's National Blog Posting Month! Basically I'm just letting you know that I'll be posting a blog at least once a day during the month of November. Aren't you happy?
Let's see if I can keep it up with everything else that is going on.