Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Last day of summer break

Today is officially the last day of summer break. We've got all their school supplies packed up and ready to go. The first day of school outfits are ready to be worn.

We relaxed around the house this morning. Kolin called and asked if we wanted to go out to lunch..of course I said YES! This afternoon we'll head over to the dam and check it out. With all the water rushing down the river you can't even see the cement of the dam.

I'm not sure that I'm ready for school to start already. The summer seemed to fly this year. I am ready for the schedule of school and knowing what's happening day to day. The constant chantings of "I'm Bored" will be a distant memory...at least for a little while.

We'll be up early tomorrow morning to get everyone out of the house on time and pictures taken. It's only a 1/2 day, but still long enough to acclimate themselves to their new rooms, friends and teacher.

I'm sure it will be an absolute MAD HOUSE around here for the next couple of weeks while everyone settles into our new schedule.

No comments: