Wednesday, March 25, 2009

17 months.....7 more to go

Taryn had an appt with her neurologist this morning. She's gained just over an inch in height and about 1/2 a pound in weight. All in all she's doing great and we have no concerns at this point. We go back for another appt in July unless something comes up between now and then and Taryn needs to be seen.

It's been 17 months since she had her last seizure. We've got 7 more months to go to reach the 24 month mark....October. We just have to make it though the hot and humid summer with no problems and we should be good as gold. We've gotten to 21 months before and had to start over. While I'm optimistic that we'll make it at some point (hopefully sooner rather than later) I'm also frightened.

I know that when the time comes that we've reached that 24 month seizure free mark that it will be time to wean her. I know during that 7 weeks of weaning that I will be a basketcase just waiting for something to happen. While I pray that nothing does, I know that I will be on pins and needles for quite a while and just waiting.....and waiting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

*fingers crossed* for the next 7 months! I'm so glad she's doing so well!