Friday, July 18, 2008

More poking....

I met with the diabetes educator once again yesterday afternoon. I ended up getting a 2nd insulin pen. This one is fast acting and I have to take it 5 minutes before I eat breakfast and dinner. Then at 7am and 7pm I have to take the slow acting insulin.

My numbers and ketones were great this morning! I just hope I can get them to stay that way for a little while. She did tell me that as the pregnancy progresses I'll be adjusting the units of insulin I have to take quite frequently because I'll become more insulin resistant.

Brennan is totally interested in watching me poke my fingers and give myself shots. I swear he's going to go back to school and tell his friends and teachers that I use a LOT of needles.

6 1/2 more weeks to go.....

No comments: