Wednesday, January 26, 2011

And the verdict is....


Taryn and I were up bright and early this morning to head up to Rockford for her sleep deprived EEG. We made it to her appointment with a little time to spare and found the building where we needed to go without any problems. Taryn handled the EEG like a champ. No whining or crying whatsoever! She did great.

As soon as we were done we headed over to see her neurologist. Patty walked in and told us that her EEG came back NORMAL!!!!!!! At first I wasn't sure I heard it right and had to ask her to repeat herself.

The diagnosis is bittersweet. I'm thrilled that Taryn doesn't have to take any medication, but at the same time it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Kolin and I watch her like a hawk. I can't wait to see if we notice any difference long term not being on any meds. She's been on something since she was a little over 18 months and at 9 1/2 years old, it's definitely time!

No comments: