Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I Debated.....

My dad didn't want a funeral...he wanted a celebration of his life. A big steak BBQ with family and friends all gathered around. November really isn't a good month to do that, so it was decided that right around dad's birthday in April we would do it.

I went back and forth trying to decide if I was going to use the plane ticket. Do I go or do I not go? Russ (my brother) had been having the same conversation with himself. It wasn't until he called me and asked what I was going to do that we both decided. We'd go, if the other went. If nothing more came out of this then at least all the kids would be in the EXACT same place for the first time in YEARS. This more than anything is something my dad would have loved.

I'm glad I went. I wish Kolin and the kids could have gone with me. It was great seeing my brother, his wife and my handsome nephews. It was wonderful spending quality time with my sister and of course my other 3 handsome nephews. She kept me up until 3:30am PST one night, but it was well worth it. Some great family time was spend together, but someone was missing. No matter how hard you tried to put a smile on your face, your heart was breaking and you can see it on all of our faces.

No comments: